Tuesday 31 May 2016

Reflection

Reflection

Course Feeling

In General, i have to say that i am quite satisfied with my aluminium skin's for my both two assignments, one is my chosen object which is related to the architecture and another one is for the interdisciplinary skin with other student. Although both two are not as good as what the other students did. But for me, i believe i have tried my best and i really enjoy the metal making process. Working with other classmates give me quite different feelings compared with other architecture course. We worked together and chatting with each other. This kind of studying atmosphere makes me feel quite happy.It is a good course which promotes the student's social activities not just like the other course's individual assignments which doesn't require much communication between students.


Still Rememberring my excited mood when i first get into the work lab and see so many tools in the working space,i believe this course is quite suitable for me because i am really a fan of model making. Creating an object by my own hands gives me a sense of achievements. Although at the beginning of the metal making process i meet some problems and i failed many attempts, the nice classmates surrounding me give me a lot of support. we discussed with each other and solved the problems together.


Relationship to the architecture

In terms of the relationship between this course and the architecture. i think the most direct and obvious way is the model making skills especially for the curved elements in the architecture design. Under this kind of skill it allows us to think that if it is possible that we could apply some organic idea into our own design studio project and use the alunimium sheet to create the curved model.

Like what Zaha Hadid did in her almost designs and among all of her designs, my favorite one is the Heydar Aliyev Cultural Center.




   




No comments:

Post a Comment